Friday, April 8, 2011

Almost Leaving

It's crazy that we're leaving so soon, and I feel like I'm still not very close to being ready. It's been a long, but also very fast semester, and I've learned a lot. With the help of the prep class and my faculty mentors, my project has grown and changed a lot. I still have a little ways to go to finish it up my proposals, but I'm hoping not too much further. At many points I wished I could have just gotten out into the field and started working, but I do appreciate the help I've had in making my project more specific. I've gone from wanting to study "Tibetan and Indian Relationships" to filming the stories of one Tibetan and one Indian. Now I think I will have a little more structure and direction in my work rather than just wandering around hoping to find useful things. It is still too bad that I don't know already who my subjects may be, and this may be a new cause of grief and frustration in the field, but hopefully things will all work out. Making a documentary film has turned out to be a lot more work than I thought it would be. Especially a lot more paper work. I still look forward to doing it though and want this to be a very special project. I'm sorry, this post itself isn't very specific. This is just how I feel about my project right now...

the End.

No comments:

Post a Comment