Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Finally Getting Closer On My Proposals

I've been working on these proposals for a long time now. I think I may have started with the wrong attitude, seeing them just as something I needed to get done, rather than something that could help me develop my project. But now that I've written and rewritten these proposals so many times, I've noticed the great progress that I've made and how much more specific and doable my project is because of all the drafts I've written. It's been frustrating, but over the last two days I spent a good eight hours just sitting down and pumping out a detailed proposal based on everything I've worked out with Jay and with my mentors.

Today I had a meeting with Ashley where we went over my proposals, and I was surprised to hear her give a very positive response. Not surprised because I was expecting her to be negative, but surprised because all my previous drafts have been so full of holes and problems, that I just expected this one to be the same. It is good to know though that with enough hard work, you can eventually succeed. Now all I have to do is finish my IRB and get it turned in. Hopefully this will be much easier to do now that I have finished the other. It will be a big relief to have these done, but I think I have finally learned the lesson I needed to learn from them, and as a result, my project now stands in a much better place.

No comments:

Post a Comment