Friday, February 25, 2011

A Great Discovery

Lately I've been having a hard time finding information to help me persue my topic. All my attempts to use the library databases seem in vane, but then today I tried just typing "Tibetans and Indians" in a google search and magically and wonderfully I found this: http://www.friendsoftibet.org/articles/varma.html

An interview with Prashant Varam, an Indian, talking about a support group he and other Indians have establishedto help Tibetan refugees. This was a great find because now I have charitable organizations working both ways. Indians helping Tibetans and Tibetans helping Indians. The support group's website can be seen here: http://friendsoftibet.org/

On top of that, I was very touched by what Prashant had to say in his interview. It is apparent that he has a strong love and respect for the Tibetan people and he sincerely wishes to help them. I am not sure yet if he lives anywhere near McLeod Ganj, but the website has many members, hopefully some of which live close enough that I could talk to them.

These kinds of finds are very uplifting, not only because it shows people love each other, but because it tells me my project idea might actually work!

1 comment:

  1. I love moments like this. I am happy for you! I have hit a rut at the HBLL myself...

    ReplyDelete