Friday, February 4, 2011

Thesis

In our big group class the other day we were talking about writing 5 paragraph essays and the way they should be structured. As I was taking notes, I wrote down what I thought the thesis of my project would be, and for some reason, it kind of surprised me. To this point we've done a lot of work with asking questions, but I had never tried to state exactly what I thought or hoped the answer or outcome would be.

I wrote this as my thesis in my notes: "A shared belief in charity and compassion has the power to bring two different people/cultures together."

(I will finish this later.)

4 comments:

  1. I like it a lot! It's short and to the point. And it clearly states what you want to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! Just make sure your thesis on your paper will include your project question as well, or be specific about your project in particular. This will be so neat! Can't wait to see what you will discover.

    Also, I had no idea you were taking Hindi! Way to be! How is that going?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hindi is hard, but I'm getting a lot out of it because we have books and homework and such. It takes me forever to get the homework done because I have to look up every other word in the dictionary in the back, but I can actually read the Devnagari letters fairly well and form some simple sentences. Hopefully by the end of the class I will at least know enough to make some simple conversation with people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking forward to hearing the rest of your thoughts on this!

    ReplyDelete