Friday, January 21, 2011

Tibet's Background

I found a lot of interesting information in today's reading. I of course was not able to read all of it, but what I did read was great. I found that I was especially interested in Tibet's Buddhist religion and the role of the Dalia Lama as a leader and religious figure. This is something that I feel like I would like to learn more about as I study for my project. Knowing what Tibetan's believe within their religion will help me to see how that effects their relationship with Indians living in Mcleod Ganj. And visa versa, it will be important to study Hindu or other Indian religions to see how that effects the local Indians' attitudes toward the Tibetans.

I can see how having different religions could be a very big stumbling block between the two cultures coming together, but I can also see how sharing a simple faith in God could bring the two together. I really need to do more studying before I can say much more, but I am very interested to see what I can find.

No comments:

Post a Comment